Kindergarten TK Registration
2023-2024 School Year
- What is the minimum age for admittance to kindergarten in California? A child shall be admitted to a kindergarten maintained by the school district at the beginning of a school year, or at a later time in the same year if the child will have his or her 5th birthday on or before September 1 (EC 48000[a]).
- What is the minimum age for admittance to transitional kindergarten in California? A transitional kindergarten is the first year of a two-year kindergarten program that uses a modified kindergarten curriculum that is age and developmentally appropriate. Pursuant to law, EC 48000[c], a child is eligible for transitional kindergarten if a child will have his or her 5th birthday between September 2 and April 2.
WE CANNOT DO PARTIAL ENROLLMENT
All paperwork must be submitted in order to register your student in school. Please make sure to bring your child to Kindergarten Registration. Kindergarten teachers will be conducting brief inventories with each student that enrolls during registration.
To enroll your child we must have all the following items—
- County Certified Birth Certificate or County Recorder's Certificate of Live Birth
- Completed Physical Form or Appointment Card
- Immunization Record
- Proof of Residence in the appropriate school area. Examples:
— Rental agreement
— Escrow papers
— PGE bill
- Photo identification or some other valid identification of parent or guardian
- Proof of Oral Health Assessment
Healthy Families and Medi Cal for Families