Teach, Learn, Every Day, No Excuses!
All OJUSD staff and students strive for improvement and excellence every day.
We believe all students and staff should . . .
- Achieve Excellence in All School Endeavors
- Lead Courageously
- Enact Justice on Behalf of Others
- Accept Responsibility for Their Actions
- Maintain Safe Schools and Positive Learning Environments for All
Every student will . . .
- Demonstrate academic growth as measured by the local Common Formative Assessment System and CAASPP (California Assessment of Student Performance and Progress).
- Improve his/her academic performance each year.
- Be able to read at or above grade level.
- Demonstrate K-8 math fluency and proficiency in critical areas of focus to prepare students for increased rigor of Integrated Common Core Math in high school.
- Identify a career interest and develop an action plan for pursuing that career by the end of the 8th grade.
- Meet the District's rigorous and relevant standards for graduation.