Free Resources for Assistance and Tutoring:
Brainfuse from the CA State Library offers tutoring and a variety of other study resources to students of all ages. https://www.brainfuse.
School House World from Khan Academy offers peer tutors for a number of different subjects from pre-algebra to the sciences. Best for secondary students. https://schoolhouse.
Khan Academy also offers practice and help with many subject areas including reading for the earliest grades and math for all the grades. https://www.
Check out CK-12 to access help in dozens of subject areas ranging from math to science to social studies and more! https://www.ck12.org/
OJUSD also offers free tutoring help through Air Tutors. Please see the OHS or OJHS websites (linked here) for information on how to sign up. For OHS, look for the small yellow box right below the large picture of the Mustang on the homepage; for OJHS, scroll down to the bottom of the homepage, and the link is on the left.
VISION: TEACH, LEARN, EVERY DAY, NO EXCUSES!
All OJUSD staff and students strive for improvement and excellence every day.
We believe all students and staff should . . .
- Achieve Excellence in All School Endeavors
- Lead Courageously
- Enact Justice on Behalf of Others
- Accept Responsibility for Their Actions
- Maintain Safe Schools and Positive Learning Environments for All
Every student will . . .
- Demonstrate academic growth as measured by the local Common Formative Assessment System and CAASPP (California Assessment of Student Performance and Progress).
- Improve his/her academic performance each year.
- Be able to read at or above grade level.
- Demonstrate K-8 math fluency and proficiency in critical areas of focus to prepare students for increased rigor of Integrated Common Core Math in high school.
- Identify a career interest and develop an action plan for pursuing that career by the end of the 8th grade.
- Meet the District's rigorous and relevant standards for graduation.